Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I watch.

I watch you, as we read bedtime stories together. A ritual that started from virtually day one. I watch, as you ask me Why? and What's That? and Who Else? I watch, as you absorb the illustrations and the words. I watch, as you make tiny connections that transform into thought. I watch, as you rub your bunny ears and relish in the comfort that is this. I watch.

I watched, as you took your first tumble. I watched, as you held your head high. I watched, as you took your first spoonful. I watched when you walked with pride. I watched, when you ran into daycare. I watched, when you cried with distrust. I watched, when you smiled at your art work. I watched, and I watched, and I watched.

You watch, as I change his diaper. You watch, as I feed him at dawn. You watch, as we cuddle together. You watch, as he reaches for you. You watch, and I learn all along, it is me who has grown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home