Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bad Mommy....bad bad Mommy!!

Oh Olivia I am so sorry. I should be more diligent with keeping up to date on your amazing and wonderful growth story. Finding the time is tough but that's no excuse. Bad Bad Mommy ;)

You just turned 7 months old and wow! Every time I sit down to write about you and all of your recent discoveries I just can't believe that it's possible. How is it possible that you have changed so much? I am just so proud of you and thank my lucky stars every day that I am able to spend this precious time with you. Before we all know it I will be back at work and we will be living very differently then we are now, so I want you to know that I cherish every day and waking moment that I spend with you. These are very special days Olivia and I hope that I'm making them as fun for you as they are for me.

Here's what you've been up to lately:

Livvie on the move.
Not only are you sitting up all on your own but you are about 30 seconds away from crawling! We just got back from a week (ok 4 days) up at Auntie Mia's cottage where you decided that sitting wasn't good enough. Thanks to Auntie Mia who helped you along a bit, you are now very interested in reaching for things that are on the ground in front of you. You will not give up as you reach for the toy until you topple over sideways with that big toothy grin of yours. Soon little beans, that reach will lead to a crawl and you will be moving. You are pretty much out of your bouncy chair too. You've learned how to sit upright in it and lean forward almost enough to topple forward, taking the chair with you. You also learned how to do this at the cottage this week. Must be that Ipperwash air, as Nanners says.


When you are on the ground lying on your back, you roll and roll and roll until something bigger than you, like furniture or walls, stops you. The point I'm trying to make here Liv is that you are on the move!! No more free time for Mommy cause you are, from now on, officially on the go. I'm both sad and exstatic about this. Sad because you are no longer able to give me a moment of free time (selfish) and exstatic because you are learning already how to be independent and how to explore and discover. From the beginning I knew you would be very curious and active. There doesn't seem to be a lot of cautious thinking for you - you just want to GO GO GO!!! Oh lord, what am I in for?? :):)

I'd like to buy a vowel please?

You are babbling kid! Dada and Yaya are your favourites. And the other day I swear you said A-E-I-O-Uuuuuuu! Also, you are mimicking. Big time. It is one of the cutest things you do! Your favourite is "Ah ah ah ah ahhhhhhhhhh......". You sound like count Dracula on Sesame Street, although you have never heard him before. And you are so proud when you make that sound - your eyes light up and your smile stretches across your entire face. Oh you are such a happy baby.

...and you are awake...again...nap times, shall we get on to nap times?

Eek! I'll be right back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home