Thursday, April 13, 2006

Azure Sky


I just came across this sketch I wrote during my trip across Canada and the Western United States with my, at the time, husband-to-be...I was mesmerized by the flatness of the fields and the never-ending big skies that encapsulate the Canadian prairies. How amazing are the weather patterns that change right before your eyes. Cyclone twisters hover in the distance, while you are caught in a tunnel of sunshine rays. Much like the tumble weed that was plentiful, I had one amazing journey.

There it goes, floating across the road
In front of me more lines, colliding into one
It's picking up speed, collecting stuff
Like a memory, it can't reverse what it holds

At a glance you miss it's intricate design
A complicated web of particles and earth
History is tangled in a confusing ball
Rolling along ignoring the signs

Electricity shocks the azure sky
A vertical slide drops down from the clouds
Static air forces nature to react
Ominous sounds give a menacing reply

And it tumbles along with force
As we stumble along our course
He reaches over and touches my face

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Beaches said...

I didn't know you wrote poetry!? How come I did not know this?

This is really good Dings.

More!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Beaches said...

Also... you've inspired me to do a post from my "Europe" journal. Heh. That'll be a good one, eh?

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger TransientTales said...

I guess I never really talk about it. It's really personal to me, but i'm starting to share more wit this blogging. wrote LOADS in highschool, but it's all waaaaaay too dark. heh. maybe i'll post one.

Will do same thing re: Europe journal. That'll be a hoot!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger TransientTales said...

"hoot" what am I 80?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home