Monday, November 20, 2006

coochy-coo!

The two Bridget's and I - Wait...I should explain. 2 of my good friends, (I almost used the word 'mate') are from the UK and Australia. These two chicks keep me sane and laughing every day, and without them I'd most definitely be under my desk in convulsions for most of the work week. Their nicknames are plentiful, however after some recent, rather funny episodes, they are now appropriately known as Bridget Brit and Bridget Oz, after the adoring, loving, clumsy and absolutely hysterical Bridget Jones, who I think we can all relate to on one level.

So...back to my little story here.

The two Bridgets and I decided to take 5 and run downstairs to Starbucks for afternoon tea...a.k.a. Peppermint-Mocha-Frappa-UltraViolet-Latte's a-la non-fat Grande Whatever-the-fuck the Starbucks Special of the month is these days. Truly, a simple excuse to hop out of office for a minute or two. We stood in line gabbing away about the branch meeting that we had just sat through, that's right, 4 hours people, as we vented and discussed the most ridiculous ways to "add value" to our business. One of the most overused sales terms out there. And yes, I use it ALL the time.

I grabbed my hot drink off the bar and snapped the lid on while Bridget Brit went on about random office ridicule and Bridget Oz spoke animatedly about this person, and that situation. In the millisecond that passed, Bridget Oz flipped her hand and knocked the lid off my cup, inadvertently also 'cupping my cooch' on the way. You can imagine the shrills of laughter from all three of us as we tried to gather enough composure to get me a new lid and get the hell out of the establishment. Through tears of laughter, Bridget Brit recalled a time not so long ago where she inadvertently cupped my 'left one' while trying to brace herself from a fall due to an 'awkward high-heel mishap with a grate on a street in Calgary'. (What am I a tree?)

Bridget Oz turned to us through tears of laughter and confessed: Don't think I am mortified because of my actions girls, I'm mortified because I have never heard the word COOCH!

Ah...the joys of being friends with foreigners.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh chicken!! that's a beautiful piece!
A cream cracker!
Ros xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home