Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Final Push

All of a sudden I looked down at my belly and all I saw is belly. I am 36 weeks today. Out of nowhere its happened. I'm due in 4 weeks. My bff is on the verge of labouring her first baby girl and I'm right on her tail. (ok not tooooo close because I still have a few things to do and Huzb is hopping on a plane tomorrow for a whirlwind biz trip). I need to prioritize. Here's what still needs to be done. The frustrating part is that barely any of it can be done by me. Right. The Art of delegating. Not my strong suit.

1. Carpets installed in basement.
2. Move furtniture into basement which will transform office into nursery.
3. Paint nursery.
4. Put furniture IN nursery.
5. Purchase car seat.
6. Purchase Stroller.
7. Get hair done.
8. Get mani/pedi.
8b). Get all unwanted hair removed.
9. Wrap up 5 projects over next 8 days of work.
10. Get rest, stay calm, don't hyperextend any joints or ligaments, eat alot but just the healthy stuff and chocolate.
11. Wait.

You see? I have a few things to do still. And honestly USUALLY I'm totally fine with being the last-minute girl. I work really well under pressure and my results are usually great. But this? Are you kidding me? It's the final push. Literally.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger scarbie doll said...

OMG -- I love to shop. Let's go! I am also obsessed with epinions.com for researching baby stuff. Good way to pass the day at work until you're off!

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Beaches said...

Deep breathing and one thing at a time... guess what? When he or she arrives, all the things that you're obsessing about right now suddenly don't mean a thing. This coming from ME? You got it. It's freakin' INTENSE, yo. You'll be ready, you've been ready for ever, yet, you can never really be prepared.

I can't wait...

Auntie M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home